The Official Gazette of Republic of Serbia No. 28/2015 published on March 20, 2015, announced the amendments to the Rulebook on the tax return form for the assessment of personal income tax due (hereinafter ‘the Rulebook’). The Rulebook is in force as of March 21, 2015 and the main changes are outlined:
– Annual personal income tax return in general
Pursuant to the Personal Income Tax Act (hereinafter ‘PIT Act’), individuals are obligated to submit the annual personal income tax return (hereinafter ‘API tax return’) in Serbia for 2014 using the updated form as follows:
1. Resident individuals, who have generated over RSD 2,211,336 (approx. EUR 18,500) income world wide during 2014
2. Non-resident individuals, who have generated over RSD 2,211,336 from Serbian based sources during 2014.
The API tax return for 2014 must be submitted by May 15, 2015, whereby:
1. Until March 31, 2015, the API tax return is submitted in paper
2. From April 1, 2015 until May 15, 2015 the API tax return can be submitted only electronically.
– Submission of the API return after the recent amendments
The new API tax return form as prescribed by the Rulebook differs from the old form slightly. After the Rulebook has entered into force, the tax returns should be submitted as follows:
1. From January 1, 2015 – March 31, 2015 – the API tax return is submitted in paper form:
a. From January 1, 2015 – March 20, 2015 on old paper form
b. From March 21, 2015 – March 31, 2015 on new paper form
2. From April 1, 2015 – May 15, 2015 – the API tax return is submitted only electronically.
Please feel free to contact our Serbian team for a copy of the new form of the API tax return or assistance in preparing and submitting of the API tax return for 2014.
Eurofast Global, Belgrade Office
Tel: +381 11 324 14 84