Greek Golden Visa-Permanent Residence in Greece
Pursuant to the Greek Immigration Legislation, non-EU nationals can acquire a residence permit in Greece, either by owning real estate property or by establishing a commercial presence. These two types of residence permits are preferred by non-EU citizens mostly due to – among other reasons – the swift issuance procedure, the resulting rights (including visa free travelling within the Schengen area), the current low real estate prices and the long permit validity.
Additionally, residence permits provide the opportunity to apply for Greek Citizenship after seven years, which leads to obtaining an EU passport and ensures freedom of movement and full work rights within the EU.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A RESIDENT
- Visa free travel in Schengen Area
- No requirement to reside in Greece
- Fast acquiring procedure
- Eligibility to apply for citizenship after 7 years
1.RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR REAL ESTATE OWNERS
Who can apply? Non-EU Citizens, owners of real estate property in Greece (either personally or through a corporate entity with shares fully owned by the applicant), provided that the value of the property is:
- of minimum 500,000 euros in certain areas, namely in Northern, Central and Southern Athens, in the Municipality of Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, in Thessaloniki, in Mykonos and in Santorini. Regarding these areas, the regime of 250,000 euros still applies to investors who will deposit 10% of the property’s value by 30.04.2023 and complete the purchase by 31.12.2023.
- of minimum 250,000 euros in the rest of Greece.
Residence permit duration: 5 years and renewable every 5 years provided that the property remains in the possession of the initial owner.
No minimum stay required.
The property owner/holder of residence permit may be accompanied by the family members (spouse, children up to 21 years and parents of both spouses).
2. RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR CORPORATE EXECUTIVES
Who can apply? Non EU – Members of boards of directors, shareholders, managers, legal representatives and senior executives of subsidiaries and branches of foreign companies, legally exercising a commercial activity in Greece.
Residence Permit duration: 2 years or for a period equal to the expected duration of the applicant’s stay in Greece; renewable every three years, provided that the applicant’s status a shareholder, manager, etc. has not changed.
The applicants may be accompanied by their family members.
For more information and required documents please contact our Legal department in Athens, Greece at firstname.lastname@example.org