Cyprus | February 2016 |
The Civil Registry and Migration Department (CRMD) announced that as of Monday, February 8th, 2016, the article 18FZ (7) of the Aliens and Immigration Law (Cap.105) as well as article 4 of the Aliens and Immigration (Amending) (No.2) Law (Ν129(Ι)/2014, O.G. Annex.Ι(Ι) No. 4456 has entered into force and will be implemented for residence permits for third-country nationals.
The amended article applies to the following categories of third country nationals who:
• Reside or will enter the Republic for the purpose of studies.
• Reside or will enter the Republic for purposes of pupil exchange.
• Reside or will enter the Republic for purposes of unremunerated training.
• Reside or will enter the Republic for purposes of voluntary service.
• Reside or will enter the Republic for purposes of scientific research as well as for their family members.
• Are or will enter the Republic as members of the holder’s family of international protection both for family reunification purposes and for purposes of reuniting with the family unit.
• Hold or apply for obtaining immigration permit for themselves and their dependents.
• Are victims of trafficking and / or exploitation of persons.
• Hold or have applied for obtaining a special license.
• Any other category to be created or modified thereafter.
All third-country nationals must apply by submitting the relevant forms M.58 for entry permit and M.61 for temporary residence. All applications must be accompanied, at their submission, by all other necessary documents depending on each situation. The presence of the third country national is necessary in order to acquire the residence permit since the permit will have the form of a card (uniform format residence permit) that will carry biometric data of its holder (fingerprints and photograph) as well as his signature.
Once the application has been approved and the residence permit has been issued, the Terms of Residence Permit Sheet will be sent to the third country national and will be used so that the applicant can receive his / her residence permit from the place where the application was submitted.
A third country national who has already submitted an application for obtaining or renewing a residence permit before February 8th, 2016, must, within 60 days, submit an Additional Application in order for the relevant department to proceed with the examination of the application and receive the uniform format residence permit (card). If the additional application is not submitted within the prescribed period, the pending request will be rejected according to the legislation.
At Eurofast Taxand Ltd, we are in an ideal position to maintain the most proper perspective towards advising and assisting you with the preparation of the application and any other documents required in order to acquire the residency permit.